The importance of fire safety
Most common cause for most of the accidents in India is fire, So Fire Safety plays an utmost important role in any Buildings. Its developer responsibility to ensure all required measures of health and safety standards. It is always witnessed that whenever fire incidents occurs, It is found post fire incidents in most of the cases non-compliant construction such as fire doors, blockage of fire exits and their markings and not maintained assembly areas, Also lack of precautionary maintenance play major role such as the upkeep of extinguishers, evacuation drills and many more.
Safety First India which is a leading fire safety company in Delhi and NCR is here with some important tips on how to prevent fire at residential complex, govt building or at any workplace.
1) It is always important to Turn off all electrical appliances in your premises at the end of the day if there is no work. We all know that electric appliances can easily malfunction or overheat and can cause huge fires. Turning off electrical appliances and helps in preventing a disastrous situation happening overnight at the workplace.
NOTE:- Best 10 Tips for Staying Safe in a Hotel in during ongoing Covid-19
2) Always advisable that Don’t overload circuits - Overloading of Electrical circuits are also a major cause of fire incidents, so it is always advisable to not put load above the recommended capacity which may cause blowing and overheating of the fuse, and becomes a huge fire hazard.
3) Timely Reporting of any electrical faults - electrical faults at residential complexes are one of the main causes of workplace fires, So it is important to timely lookout for any potential electrical faults.
4) Free up the area of a clutter - It is important to ensure that anything which may easily catches fire, such as waste paper or trash, should be kept to a minimum and the complex is free of clutter.
NOTE:- Need A Ride? Choose Your Comfortable Cab
5) Always Smoke only in authorised smoking areas - and once should be sure that smoking materials are always extinguished properly and exposed safely, and never stored.
6) Be aware of chemicals and handle them with care- if chemicals are used at the workplace, always important to use and store them safely as per their labels, so that to prevent any potential ignitions.
NOTE:- Best Day Trips from Delhi Travel Blogs Tips by Ghum India Ghum
7) Fire extinguishers - It is quite important to make sure that the appropriate type and number of fire extinguishers is installed at a workplace or residential premises and important that everyone in the complex knows how to operate Fire extinguishers properly, in case of any emergency.
8) Never block way of sprinkler systems or smoke detectors -It is important to ensure that nothing should be in the way of these potentially life-saving appliances and they work perfectly during emergency time.
Apart from above measures it is important to have a concrete fire safety and evacuation plan in case of any emergency which must have all the detail of every element of what needs to happen in course of a fire. It should be easily accessible to everyone.
Leave a Reply.